description

Tread softly, because you tread on my dreams. - Yeats

UPDATED: Tong Yao Film & TV guide 28/05/2023

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Japan trip 4 - Day 3 - Kajiura Yuki Live Vol.8 - concert goods

After writing that really long post on my impressions of my very first Kajiura Yuki Live, I had to take a break because it was a little exhausting even for me and I can be really long-winded.  Admittedly I was slightly distracted by the football match on tv which meant that if I had concentrated a little more, I probably would have finished it a little bit earlier.  I guess I didn't expect it to take so long.

Anywayz, it's kind of late again.  This time I was stoning on the couch, watching an episode of Lucky Seven and playing a video game on my Sony Vita all at the same time.  Yes... it did mean that I didn't get the rest I should have, I probably have to re-watch that episode and I did really badly in that video game. :D

Okie dokie... I'm going to see if I can make this quick.  I'll probably get to writing that short translation of that MC bit in the concert in another post.  I'll reserve this one for the concert goods, excluding the wooden spoon which I talked about in another post already.

Here goes, hopefully picture heavy and text light so that I can get to bed earlier than usual...

Concert T-Shirt (17th March Tokyo shirt)

There was a tour t-shirt on sale and a day t-shirt on sale.  In the end, I only got the t-shirt for the Live on the 17th Mar in Tokyo because I had also decided to get the bag and the wooden spoons.  Sadly, getting another t-shirt would be above my budget, so I resisted and didn't buy it.  Here are the photos of the t-shirt that I did buy.

 

Concert Pamphlet

Here are the photos of the concert pamphlet which I really rather like. Click me to buy from CDJapan




I don't think you can tell from the photos but this approximately 21cm x 15cm hard-cover book's cover has a layer of felt-like fabric around the hard cardboard paper.  The images and the text are also embossed.  It's really rather nice and quite different from your usual concert pamphlet.

I'm not entirely certain what kind of look and feel they were trying to achieve but it seems to me that they seemed to want to make it feel like an old journal. The fonts and the design of the images isn't modern at all and definitely more European than Japanese.  They also decided to make this smaller than the usual approximately A4 size pamphlets one often gets at concerts which really adds to the feel of it being more of a journal. 

 

The paper inside the book is also not bleached white but has a hint of yellow / brown to it.  Once again, I think it was trying to make this book feel older then it actually is.  Kajiura Yuki, the regular FJ utahimes and the 3 guest stars get an interview each.  The above are just samples from Kajiura Yuki's and Keiko's interviews.

There is also a section in the pamphlet where Kajiura Yuki chats with the Front Band Members and a 2 page spread that introduces them as well.

They also included a section called staff questionnaire which is kind of interesting.  Several members of the staff, like the technicians, operators, stylist etc were asked eight questions.  It includes questions about the preparations for the Live, what they hoped to see from the Kajiura family in the future, when did they first meet Kajiura Yuki and what were their impressions of her, the FJ utahimes, the guest stars and the Front Band members.

 

This is a pretty nice release and I like it lots more than some of the concert pamphlets I have picked up over the years.  These days, Kajiura Yuki's and Kalafina's pamphlets have become more like collectibles rather than just a regular A4 thing with some text and some photos stapled together.  The pamphlets have gone up in price but so has the quality and I personally like that.



You get a free bookmark if you get the concert pamphlet.  You'll have to pick between one of two versions.  I picked the one with Kajiura Yuki's signature because I would like to pretend I got an autograph :D but mostly because it just went better with the pamphlet.  :)  I forgot to shoot a photo of it and had to use the ones that I shot in the hotel room in Tokyo which isn't really ideal.  The lighting in that room had an yellowish tinge and it kind of changed the colour of everything.  Yuck.

I also forgot to shoot detailed photos of the tote bag that I got at the concert.  You've seen it in a previous post but I didn't shoot any of it on its own.  It's a pretty standard tote back.  The handles are the short variety.  Just enough so that you can swing it onto your shoulder but not over your body.  I like it.  Just what I needed at that point in time and I don't have a tote bag of that size which works for me.

Okay... that's it... I ran out of time.  I think tomorrow I'll post up the detailed photos of the club exclusives and maybe that MC bit.  And if I have time... maybe the Mahou Shoujo Key Animation Note Vol.2.

For now... I need to try and get at least 5 hours of sleep in.  So good night for now. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, i always love your posts about yuki/fj, or kalafina btw, can i beg you to posts some more pictures from yuki live vol 8? i'd love to seee morreeee!! onegai

just me said...

Hello. :) Thanks for liking my posts on Kajiura Yuki, FictionJunction and Kalafina. :)

Well... I have one more post I would like to make on the Vol.8 Live. It's not a very long post.

I'm out of photos actually but was thinking maybe I'll post one or two more from the pamphlet and maybe take a photo of the tote bag by itself when I write that post.

It'll take me a while to write it though... and I can't actually say when I'll do it... but I will hopefully get to it at the same time as I write the Madoka Key Animation Vol.2 post. :)

Thanks for dropping by and leaving a nice comment. :)

cheers

just me said...

Hello Anonymous, I'm not sure if you'll read this comment but if you do, I would like you to know that I finally finished my Part 2 recap post and I posted more photos from the pamphlet in that post. Hope you enjoy them. :)

cheers

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

just wondering about the shirt sizes in comparison to local sizes, how does the tees sold at the concert venues relate to actual sizes? Is the M and L a true representative of M and L in asia (or to be specific, Singapore)? Or do they typically fit a size larger?

Thanks!

just me said...

Hi... hmmm... I would say that the M and L are Asian sizes. I usually get L size shirts from Uniglo and when I get concert shirts from Japan, I usually get the L too. I'm not sure of the exact measurements of this particular shirt though... but if you usually get an L from Uniglo, then I would get the L size concert shirts from Japan too.